Auto Standard Penetration Test (SPT) Hammers
Above image of SPY mounted on a Hino 4 x 4 Geotech rig.
The SPT Hammer is an effective tool to collect Standard Penetration Test (SPT) blow counts with almost any drill rig. The SPT Hammer is designed as a non-permanent fixture to the rig structure (or permanent if required), and is suspended from your wireline as per the manual SPT Hammer.
- Complete hydraulic function with fully concealed moving parts
- Considerable safety advantages and hands free operation
- Designed and manufactured in Australia to comply to all relevant standards
- Easily “piggy backed” to any existing control panel
- Regular consistent results
- Flexibility of non permanent fixture maintained
- Interchangeable “thread stubs” allow suitability to all pipe variations
- Extremely robust design for long service life
Download Auto SPT Hammer brochure here
The Drillman SPT Hammer is a hydraulically driven, fully automatic SPT hammer providing a consistent 30” (762mm) drop of the enclosed slug at a variable blow count range from 0-53 blows per minute. The SPT hammer is hydraulically piggybacked from an existing auxiliary circuit - most commonly the breakout tong function on the valve bank via breakaway couplings,and would fit any drill rig without the need for any modification. This also means you can have a single hammer that can transfer across multiple rigs. The motor flow rate and pressure are available on request.
Below is the team that developed and manufactured the AutoSPT Hammer